This Policy describes how Grafton United Cricket Club (“GUCC”), incorporation number 221851 of The Pavilion, Victoria Park, 203 - 271 Victoria Street West, Auckland City, Auckland 1010 collects, uses and discloses personal information and also explains your rights and how to contact GUCC.
GUCC is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles (Principles) of the Privacy Act 1993 (Act).
This Policy also describes your personal information protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which GUCC carries out.
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. This Policy applies to personal information collected from and about members of GUCC and any other person whose personal information GUCC may collect from time to time.
Please read this Policy carefully. This Policy explains:
- what kind of personal information GUCC collects; where GUCC collects personal information from;
- how GUCC uses personal information;
- how GUCC stores personal information;
- how GUCC may disclose your personal information;
- how you can access/amend your personal information; how long GUCC holds personal information;
- who you can contact for further information; and
- how you can make a complaint regarding any breach of the Principles.
Summary of how GUCC uses your Personal Information
GUCC uses your personal information to administer your online and offline relationship with GUCC, to manage the safety and security of GUCC’s venues and events to comply with GUCC’s legal obligations and to provide you with GUCC’s products, services and other offerings. Some of this information will be provided by you, and others will be generated by GUCC or provided by third parties.
GUCC’s website may provide interactive features that engage with social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. If you use these features, these sites will send GUCC personal information about you.
Where GUCC relies on your consent, such as for direct marketing purposes, or to place cookies, you can withdraw this consent at any time, by directly contacting GUCC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 1: What Personal Information GUCC collects
- In the course of its operations, GUCC may collect, use and disclose the personal information of players, administrators, participants and other individuals for the purposes of governing, administering and promoting of the sport of cricket, as further described in this Policy. GUCC may also collect, use and disclose details of other people who come into contact with GUCC such as suppliers, subcontractors and other service providers, sponsors, advertisers, agents, and businesses.
- In each case, the precise nature of the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by GUCC depends on the services you request and receive from, and your interaction with, GUCC.
- The types of personal information held by GUCC may include (but is not limited to) your name, address, phone numbers, email address (and any other contact details), date of birth, gender, occupation, nationality, country of birth, evidence of NZ parentage and, if required, grand parentage, passports, residency details, social media details. Depending on the services you receive from GUCC, GUCC may also collect and hold details of and about your participation history, your club and membership history as well as your emergency contact information, driver’s license details, details of the items ordered or purchased from GUCC, parent’s passports, parent’s employment history, and any other information as required by any of the regional New Zealand Cricket associations, New Zealand Cricket, and/or FIFA to prove eligibility such as Birth Certificates, Certificates of Citizenship, Academic information (including records or correspondence from your school), Visa and immigration information.
- In certain circumstances, GUCC may collect information about your health. GUCC may use health information about you to ensure that cricket programmes in which you participate are run safely and in accordance with any specific health needs you may have and for insurance purposes.
- When you provide GUCC with personal information, this Policy will apply to the manner in which the information is collected, used, disclosed and stored by GUCC. If you chose not to provide certain personal information, GUCC may not be able to communicate with you. It may also affect GUCC’s ability to provide you with the products and services you require. For example, you may not be able to register to play cricket or participate in some of the activities on the GUCC website if you do not provide certain personal information.
Section 2: Where GUCC collects your Personal Information
- Personal information about you may be collected by GUCC from you or, where authorised by you, from a third party. GUCC uses forms, online portals and other electronic or paper correspondence to collect this information.
- If GUCC provides online services to a child (under 18), GUCC will need parental/guardian consent for this, and may ask for a parent's or guardian’s email address, in order to ask for consent.
- For example, GUCC may collect personal information about you:
- from the GUCC website – graftoncricket.co.nz;
- when you provide personal information to GUCC when you register online, or when you are filling in forms approved by GUCC from time to time (including when you register to play cricket, register for a coaching or refereeing course, or any other cricket event hosted by GUCC);
- when you contact GUCC by email, in writing or otherwise;
- when you engage with GUCC via social media;
- when you subscribe to receive cricket related newsletters or other information;
- when you enter a competition that is being conducted by, or on behalf of, GUCC;
- when you request information from GUCC or provide feedback to GUCC in relation to an event, promotion or other activity through the GUCC Site; and
- if you participate in cricket.
- GUCC may also generate or collect personal information about you by itself or from third parties. In an online context, much of this is set out in section 6 (GUCC Sites, Cookies and Other Technologies). GUCC may also collect personal information about you from third parties, including:
- a GUCC member, regional association, club and/or a competition administrator registered with GUCC from time to time (Cricket Administrators);
- your representatives;
- GUCC corporate partners, licensees, sponsors, suppliers and broadcasters (GUCC Partners);
- from event organisers, when you purchase tickets to a cricket related event;
- when you log in to a site or app (if applicable) using Facebook Connect you will be asked if you wish to share information from your Facebook account with GUCC. If you use a "like" or a "share" button for a feature on GUCC’s site or app, then the third party will share information with GUCC;
- from vendors, when you purchase cricket related merchandise;
- the organisations identified under section 5 (Disclosing Your Personal Information) below;
- publicly available information (such as telephone directories or websites); and
- commercially available mailing and marketing lists.
- GUCC also receives information about individuals that the police or other sports stakeholders recommend or require GUCC to ban individuals from GUCC’s premises, grounds and events.
Section 3: Using Your Personal Information
- GUCC may use the personal information collected about you in a variety of ways, including:
- the general administration of the game of cricket, including statistical analysis and research and player welfare (including sharing of such information with regional associations and New Zealand Cricket);
- for sending you newsletters and other cricket related communications;
- the promotion of the game of cricket, including the marketing to members by GUCC Partners of the game of cricket;
- to verify your identity;
- to organise, conduct and promote cricket competitions, matches, programmes and other events (including for the purpose of distributing newsletters and providing information);
- to develop programmes, activities, events, products and services relating to cricket;
- to provide you with information about GUCC products and services, including information about game and training schedules, events, merchandise and special offers, or which GUCC reasonably believe may be of interest you;
- to investigate and take action in the event that applicable laws or regulations are breached, including, but not limited to, codes of conduct;
- to carry out market research and surveys;
- to contact you if you win a prize in a competition you have entered and to send the prize to you; and
- any use that is reasonably apparent at the time the information is collected.
- GUCC may also use the personal information collected about you:
- to administer, manage and improve the GUCC Site and to provide you with access to the same;
- to ensure that content from the GUCC Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the GUCC Site (if any), when you choose to do so;
- for direct marketing communications from GUCC in relation to products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by GUCC or GUCC Partners. You will be able to opt-out of direct marketing at any time if you so choose, by utilising the unsubscribe feature on electronic marketing communications, or in the case of other direct marketing materials by contacting email@example.com in accordance with section 11 below.
- any use that is reasonably apparent at the time the information is collected.
Section 4: How GUCC stores your Personal Information
- GUCC stores some personal information electronically through its registration system, ‘Friendly Manager’. And by way of third parties including but not limited to Grade Coordinators, Club Coaches, Team Coaches and Managers, and Tournament Organisers. GUCC stores some personal information in paper form at The Pavilion, Victoria Park, 203 - 271 Victoria Street West, Auckland City, Auckland 1010.
- GUCC will take reasonable steps to safely and securely store your personal information against loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, use, modification or other misuse.
Section 5: Disclosing Your Personal Information
- GUCC may share your personal information with a regional cricket association and/or Cricket New Zealand, which may then use your personal information to administer the game of cricket and keep you updated with information about them.
- GUCC may also share your personal information with third parties in relation to the operation of GUCC's business including:
- Regional cricket associations and/or New Zealand Cricket;
- Sport New Zealand;
- GUCC’s insurers (if any and if necessary);
- GUCC’s professional advisors, including accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Third-party service providers, suppliers and partners (including but not limited to Grade Coordinators, Club Coaches, Team Coaches and Managers, and Tournament Organisers);
- as required or authorised by law or where GUCC has a public duty or requirement to do so, including for purposes of safety and security; and
- where you have consented to your personal information being disclosed to others.
- GUCC may appoint other organisations or volunteers to carry out some administration, processing and other services on GUCC's behalf. This may require GUCC to share your personal information with service providers who perform services based on GUCC instructions. GUCC service providers will not be authorised by us to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on GUCC's behalf or to comply with legislation.
- GUCC requires third parties to use your personal information for the specific purpose for which it was given to GUCC and to protect the privacy of your personal information. GUCC will only disclose your personal information to third parties on the basis that such parties agree with GUCC to keep your information confidential.
- If you do not permit the disclosure of some personal information as GUCC requests, GUCC may not be able to meet its legal obligations or may not be able to do business with you or register you as a member. If this is the case, GUCC will let you know.
Section 6: GUCC Sites, Cookies and Other Technologies
- If you visit the GUCC Site, GUCC may record information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, the GUCC Site pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information is used for statistical, reporting and website administration and maintenance purposes, including identifying usage trends, to track users’ movements around the GUCC Site and to gather demographic information about GUCC users collectively.
- Apple iOS and Android Devices (as applicable)
By accessing any GUCC application from these devices you consent to cookies being stored to your device (and other tracking technologies being used to read information from your device) for the following purposes: keeping you logged in, ensuring that an appropriate version of content is presented, analytics and advertising. Many of these cookies and technologies are essential to the operation of the application. It is not currently possible to opt-out or remove these cookies (or prevent use of these technologies) from the device without deleting the application.
- You do not have to accept cookies and can change your browser settings to prevent cookies being stored on your device. But, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that GUCC is able to provide to you and may affect your visitor experience. For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see allaboutcookies.org. (http://www.allaboutcookies.org/)
- The GUCC Site may also detect and use your IP address or domain name for internal web traffic monitoring and capacity purposes, or to otherwise administer the GUCC Sites. No personal information is obtained, rather the patterns of use by visitors to a website may be tracked for the purposes of providing improved service and content based on a statistical review of aggregated user website traffic patterns.
- When GUCC sends you emails or other electronic messages, GUCC may record where you open the message and click on particular links. This helps GUCC better understand what information is of interest to you.
Section 7: Other Websites
- To the extent that the GUCC Site contain links to sites operated by third parties, including other organisations, those linked websites are not controlled by GUCC and GUCC is not responsible for the privacy practices of the site operators.
Section 8: Protecting your Personal Information
- GUCC takes the security of personal information seriously.
- GUCC takes reasonable steps to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. GUCC and its third-party provider have security systems in place which are intended to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by the use of various methods including, for example, an IT system which ensures only authorised computers and employees are granted access to GUCC computer network and a security policy which controls what folders and files employees have access to. GUCC has directed its staff that personal information must be dealt with in accordance with this Policy and kept secure from unauthorised access or disclosure.
- If you are considering sending GUCC any other personal information through the GUCC Site or other electronic means, please be aware that the information may be insecure in transit, particularly where no encryption is used (e.g. email, standard HTTP). Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once GUCC has received your personal information, GUCC will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within its direct control from unauthorised access. If GUCC receives personal information about you which it did not request and which it does not reasonably require, GUCC may destroy or de-identify this information where appropriate.
- Where GUCC has given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the GUCC Site or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. GUCC suggests that you do not share the password with anyone and to change it regularly.
- If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 9: Disclosing Your Personal Information Abroad
- Your personal information stored by GUCC may be transferred outside of New Zealand if required or if one of GUCC’s service providers or suppliers is located in a country outside New Zealand. GUCC may also disclose your personal information outside of New Zealand in accordance with section 5 (Disclosing Your Personal Information), including to facilitate the registration of a player by an international cricket association.
- In all cases, by providing your personal information to GUCC or using GUCC’s services, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information outside New Zealand as set out in this Policy, and acknowledge that GUCC is not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle your personal information in compliance with New Zealand privacy law.
- However, where practicable in the circumstances, GUCC will take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients use and disclose such personal information in a manner consistent with this Policy. You may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
Section 10: Access to and Correction of Your Personal Information
- GUCC takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the personal information that GUCC collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends on the information you provide. GUCC recommends that you let GUCC know if there are any errors in your personal information and keep GUCC up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your contact details.
- You have the right to ask for access to the personal information GUCC holds about you, and you can request the correction or deletion of your personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you would like to do so, please contact the GUCC’s Privacy Officer to submit an enquiry to access the personal information GUCC holds about you.
- If you provided your personal information via registration through ‘Friendly Manager’ you can also update your personal information at any time by logging into your membership profile and saving the updated information.
- The rights set out in this Section 10 may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, where it would infringe the rights of a third party (including GUCC’s rights) or if you ask GUCC to delete information which GUCC is required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the General Data Protection Rules and in the Act. GUCC will inform you of relevant exemptions GUCC rely upon when responding to any request you make.
Section 11: Opting Out of Direct Marketing Communications
- You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing, messages or communications from GUCC at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in the message sent to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from communications GUCC send you, you can also send an email to email@example.com
Section 12: How long GUCC holds your Personal Information
- GUCC will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
Section 13: Changes to This Policy
- GUCC may modify, alter or otherwise update this Policy at any time by publishing the new version of the Policy on the GUCC website. GUCC will indicate any changes by updating the date and version number of this Policy. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact the GUCC using the details below.
Section 14: Contacting GUCC and Making Complaints
- You may contact GUCC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to:
Grafton United Cricket Club
PO Box 91177,
Auckland Mail Centre,
- You may complain about GUCC’s collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information by contacting GUCC using the contact details above with your full name and contact details, together with a detailed description of the complaint. GUCC will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of time and inform you of the next steps GUCC will take in dealing with your complaint. If GUCC is unable to resolve your complaint, GUCC will inform you of the steps available to you in those circumstances.
Date: 6 August 2021