Holiday Programme Info
We have junior and youth holiday programmes on offer during the July school holidays
The holiday programme is for boys and girls and is a great way for our superstar cricketers to get in some quality practice sessions before the start of the new season. The sessions are designed in a way that having fun is the highest priority, but with an awesome opportunity to learn new batting, bowling and fielding skills. These sessions are open to all in this age group - the more the merrier!
All our programme are run by our Junior Head Coach Nikheil Bhana with the help of other club coaches and players.
Grafton United Cricket Club - Google Maps
The Victoria Park Pavilion, 203 - 271 Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010What to Bring
Bring a nice big drink bottle, some snacks and lunch to keep your energy up. A change of clothes too, in case we are caught out sneaking out - it is winter!
Skill-based games and activities in a fun-packed holiday camp where our junior cricketers will learn
- Target school years: Year 1 to 6 (softball and hardball cricketers)
- Basic skills, catching while static and on the run
- Throwing at a target
- Bowling technique, direction and speed
- Hitting a static, slow-moving and fast-moving ball
- Hitting the ball to specific parts of the ground
- Fun Friday competitions based on skills learnt over the week
- Mon 12 to Fri 16 July - Mornings, afternoons and full-day options available
- Mon 19 to Thu 22 July - Mornings, afternoons and full-day options available
Designed to help develop the skills and confidence of our young cricketersTarget school years:
- Target school years: Year 7 to 10
- Confidence to score freely
- Ground Fielding
- Bowling, swing, seam and spin consistency
- Formulate a game plan and tactics for play
- Fun Friday competitions based on practised and learn skills
- Mon 12 to Fri 16 July - Afternoons only
- Mon 19 to Thu 22 July - Afternoons only
Please note, our ability to run these programs is dependent on the COVID-19 levels and bubble sizes limitations during the school holidays. We will do everything we can to run each programme within the government guidelines and keeping our coaches and your children safe, but please be aware that changes outside our control may cause us to cancel or limit availability.
You will be offered a full refund or credit where COVID-19 related issues lead to the cancellation or limit our ability to run full programmes.