Codes of Conduct
Coaching Code of Conduct
- Consider why your players want to play cricket. Take the fun out of cricket and you will take the kids out of the game.
- Be reasonable in your demands on the players’ time, energy and enthusiasm.
- Cater for varying levels of ability and maturity so that all players have a ‘fair go’.
- Provide equal encouragement to all players to participate, acquire skills and to develop confidence.
- Keep yourself informed on playing conditions and ensure players understand the need to participate according to the rules.
- Teach your players The Spirit of Cricket, ensure they understand it, and ensure they abide by it.
- Prepare and conduct sessions based on sound coaching principles.
- Develop team respect for the ability of opponents as well as the judgement of umpires.
- Lead by example and display good sportsmanship for your players to copy.
- The scheduling and length of practice times and games should take into consideration the maturity level of the players.
- Remember that players play for fun and enjoyment and that winning is only part of it. Never ridicule or yell at the players for making mistakes or losing a game.
- Coaches are to mutually resolve all matters concerning a game including verification of rules.
Team selection for Y1 - 4
- Teams are not graded.
- Teams are not automatically carried over from previous years. Please use the comments box on the registration form to specify a friend/friends and the club will endeavour to meet these requests where possible.
- The club aims to allocate new players amongst existing teams.
- The Club Manager reserves the right to completely re-mix teams in a year group.
Team selection for Y5 +
- Each competition will allow for entry of Blue, White and Red grades where clubs self-select what level their teams should play in. This is dependant on team numbers.
- Grafton holds pre-season trials for players in Y6 +.
- Players can decide not to trial but are unlikely to be considered for Limited Over/Premier teams.
- Trials will be based on sessions in the nets and where possible a game situation.
- Parents are requested not to attend trials.
- Selections are made by our Head Junior Coach who will liaise with the relevant grade co-ordinator.