Coaches Code of Conduct
GUCC Coaching Code of Conduct for Y2-4
- Consider why your players want to play cricket. Take the fun out of cricket and you will take the kids out of the game.
- Be reasonable in your demands on the players’ time, energy and enthusiasm.
- Cater for varying levels of ability and maturity so that all players have a ‘fair go’.
- Provide equal encouragement to all players to participate, acquire skills and to develop confidence.
- Keep yourself informed on playing conditions and ensure players understand the need to participate according to the rules.
- Prepare and conduct sessions based on sound coaching principles.
- Develop team respect for the ability of opponents as well as the judgement of umpires.
- Lead by example and display good sportsmanship for your players to copy.